Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oh, I Love This! {Scarves}

I guess I should explain my title for this blog.  This is a saying that my husband and his brothers (all 4 of them) say.  They got it from their funny father who one day in church went up to the pulpit and said, "Oh, I love this!" {For those LDS stalkers readers out there, it was for fast and testimony meeting. You also have to imagine him saying it in a funny French-Canadian accent ;)}  So of course all the boys in his family have a hay-day repeating this saying when they really like something.  Being the wonderful daughter-in-law that I am, I have also stolen this awesome phrase for things that I love, ie: my scarves!

My husband and I were asked by our very good friends in LV to go with them on a vacation to D.C.  What?!  D.C?!  Um, yes.  The only problem?  It's in February {only 3 1/2 weeks away!} so it is going to be C-O-L-D!  Does a girl who has lived in LV for the last 12 years have freezing cold weather clothes?  Yeah, that would be a big fat NO.  So, I decided to make some more scarves out of knit. {All you cold weather people are probably thinking, "Yeah, she thinks that's going to keep her warm!"  I know it's not going to keep me warm, per say, but they're really stinking cute, kay?!} I knew there had to be a better way than adjusting the tension on your sewing machine.  {That didn't work as well as I'd have liked it to on my ancient machine.}  Of course my brain muscles were working, and I remembered that there is a thing called elastic thread.  Boy, oh boy, did it work a lot better!  They came out all cute and ruffly without having to change tensions a million times and resew down the last seam in the exact same spot.  
 Anyway, enough of my rambling....
 
 blue and grey (goes with anything)
 this actually is 2 different colors of pink-striped
(gotta love the hand-raising)
 black and white: <3 it
 had to show you  the $1 socks I am rocking today
they'll be a nice barrier between my jeans and my chicken-skin pokey leg hairs when we're in D.C. ;)

Hope you enjoyed them as much as I do!
{even if you didn't, keep it to yourself -JK!! ;)}

2 comments:

  1. The scarves are really really adorable! I really do hope you have some more serious cold weather gear in the works though...come by if you want to take a look at my beanie and glove collection. We moved here from Milwaukee so I have serious cold weather goods, and that's what you're going to need. I am kind of cold just thinking about it! And jealous, because I LOVE D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that pink one! As they would say in Steel Magnolias, "Pink is my signature color." I'm definitely going to have to whip out a few of those. Hope you have fun on your trip! And I'm going to echo Sara--we moved here from Utah, so I have LOTS of winter stuffs.

    ReplyDelete

I would L.O.V.E. to hear from you! :)